Looking for an opportunity to move fast and make a big impact on hundreds of thousands of developers? Amazon Appstore's developer experience team is redefining how Developers interact with Amazon to submit and manage their app and in-app content. This role will have the opportunity to be part of both the developer lifecyle and app lifecycle on the Amazon Appstore.
As a Sr. UX Designer, you will own the developer experience for many new initiatives while incremental enhancing the design on several existing features. You’ll drive the design for multiple new initiatives, workflows, and tools that will support Developers launch and growth on the Amazon Appstore. You will collaboratively work with Product, Business, Solution Architects, and Engineering to create, refine, and build new experiences that will empower our team’s long-term business and product strategies. You’ll drive UX design from early-stage, Version 1 concepts all the way through final delivery and launch.
The right candidate is someone who can “think big” while diving deep, remain flexible to change, and someone with a passion for innovation at internet speeds. Innovation has made us the global company that we are today. This is a great opportunity for someone who can take ownership and drive results in a highly visible environment.
· Lead the end-to-end UX Design for multiple initiatives for the Appstore developer experience
· Take research initiative and get to know our users’ needs by leading research and feedback sessions with our developers
· Create user-centered designs by understanding business requirements, voice of the customer, user journeys, customer feedback, and usability findings.
· Quickly and iteratively create user flows, wireframes, prototypes, high fidelity mockups and detailed UI and visual design specifications.
· Communicate project statuses with design team and stakeholders regularly.
· Create branding guidelines and design standardization across all of the team's product portfolio.
· Incorporate customer feedback, technical constraints, and usability findings into design.
· Develop and maintain detailed information architecture and design specifications.
· Clearly define UX metrics required for design implementation that successfully track our developer's use of tools and workflows
· Performing metrics analysis post-launch to inform design/UX optimization efforts.
· Ability to work in a highly ambiguous and rapidly changing environment, willingness to roll up your sleeves and pitch in wherever necessary.
· Background working in a collaborative multi-disciplinary UX team
· Excellent communication, presentation, and storytelling skills
· Excellent understanding of UX design and software development
· Experience working within a high-growth, technology company would be highly beneficial.
· Bachelor's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent professional experience.
· 5+ years of experience as a UX designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar.
· Fluency in best practices for web-based information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
· Experience designing applications with multiple user touch points with specialty in web design.
· Portfolio of work demonstrating breadth and depth in UX and visual design. This should also include approach and process.
· Professional proficiency in high-fidelity mockup and prototyping tools such as Sketch, Invision, or equivalent.
· Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment.
· Comfort presenting to audiences up to and including executive leadership.