Amazon Care is looking for a Sr. Technical Program Manager (Sr. TPM) to join our team. We are a passionate team working to build a best-in-class healthcare product designed to make high-quality healthcare easy to access.
As a Sr. TPM on our engineering team, you will work to build and manage complex technical programs. You will lead cross-functional initiatives and support engineers to deliver patient-centric technology. You will engage the right peers, leaders, partners and industry guidance to remove ambiguity, optimize the technical roadmap to support business objectives and deliver results. Your desire for data-driven decisions are continuous and you will research, organize and mechanize when you see opportunities to increase collaboration or reduce manual work. You will work with audit, compliance and security to facilitate business extensible solutions. You will implement success metrics, reports, and processes to measure program effectiveness. You will communicate (written/verbal) to align colleagues, partners and raise the bar for leadership transparency. You are thoughtful and will challenge accepted norms with curiosity, experimentation. You will share your expertise with the team as a mentor to those you work with, and be open to learning from others. While you will operate as an individual contributor with great autonomy, you cherish and support team success.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
· Ability to engage multiple technical teams to drive consistent expectations towards a shared goal
· Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical individuals.
· Quantitative analytical abilities
· Experience with audit/compliance/legislation/legal processes
· Strong organizational skills
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit US Disability Accommodations.
· BS in computer science, electrical engineering or a related technical discipline.
· 5+ years experience in software engineering, software development management, technical program/project management, or a related technical field required with at least two years of focused program management experience.
· 1+ years experience operating systems in one or more cloud environments
· 1+ years experience with audit/compliance