The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo.
We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even imagine yet. As a QA Engineer in this team, you will be working with a unique and gifted team building exciting products for consumers and collaborate with cross-functional engineering teams, including Amazon Robotics.
As a QAE on the team, you will champion the quality of our features in our development pipeline using both automated and manual tests, reporting and verifying defects, and signing-off on features and release candidates. You will own authoring and the execution of test plans and test cases. You will have a significant impact in the quality and delivery speed of our software, our business, and most importantly our customers. You will work closely with developers, product managers, and other QA in order to ensure the features we deliver to our customers have a high level of quality. In addition, you will also have the opportunity to propose improvements to our existing processes and automated tools in order to improve the team’s speed, quality and efficiency.
The candidate will have good hands-on experience in test automation and testing, with good knowledge of the core software testing techniques.
· Experience with API automation testing including unit test automation frameworks
· Experience with Android, iOS or other mobile application development or testing
· Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment and utilizing virtual machines
· Knowledge of industry standard test automation tools and experience developing product test harnesses
· Experience with open source tools and resources
· Familiar with hardware fundamentals
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· 6+ year of experience working as a Quality Assurance Engineer
· Experience in manual testing
· Experience in automation testing
· Masters in Computer Science, Computer/Electrical Engineering or related technical field
· 7+ years professional experience in Quality Assurance / testing Experience in one or more modern programming languages such as Java, C++ or Python.
· Experience building automation