Working at Amazon Robotics (Luxembourg)
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? Do you like the idea of seeing how your work impacts the bigger picture? Answer yes to any of these and you’ll fit right in here at Amazon Robotics. We are a smart team of doers that work passionately to apply cutting edge advances in robotics and software to solve real-world challenges that will transform our customers’ experiences in ways we can’t even image yet. We invent new improvements every day. We are Amazon Robotics and we will give you the tools and support you need to invent with us in ways that are rewarding, fulfilling and fun.
Job Overview – As an Amazon Robotics mechanical engineer in Luxembourg, you will develop innovative system architectures and hardware designs for our robotic systems. The ideal candidate has experience designing and analyzing mechanical systems, enjoys analytical problem solving and possesses practical knowledge of high volume manufacturing methods; such as, stamping, extrusion, casting, and injection molding. This position reports directly to the Mechanical Engineering Manager.
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for:
· Working with an interdisciplinary team to execute product designs from concept to production including specification, design, prototyping, validation and testing
· Working with the Operations, Manufacturing, Supply Chain and Quality organizations as well as vendors to ensure a smooth product launch
· Writing functional specifications, design verification plans, and functional test procedures
· Exhibit role model behaviors of thorough engineering analysis and cradle to grave ownership Design and adaptation of holistic hardware solutions for ambiguous problems with fluid requirements.
· Experience in the design of complex mechanical products and equipment
· Proficiency documenting designs in accordance with ANSI Y-14.5
· Experience designing and debugging tooled (cast, injection mold, forge, stamp, etc) components
· Proficiency with Product Lifecycle Management PLM software and ECO’s
· MS in Mechanical Engineering
· Proficiency with SolidWorks Simulation or Ansys Finite Element Analysis tools
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
· BS in Mechanical Engineering
· SolidWorks or similar CAD experience and understanding of best practices for part design, advanced assemblies, complex configuration management
· Hands on experience crafting proof-of-concept models and prototypes
· Thorough understanding and use of principals, theories and concepts in mechanical engineering and ability to apply them to product design
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well with teams
· Ability to effectively communicate concepts and write technical documents
· Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced agile environment
· Experience with full lifecycle and proficiency at completing tasks to meet associated milestones
· Experience evaluating design, performance and logistical tradeoffs for hardware systems