Are you interested in shaping the future of movies, television, and digital video? Do you want to define the next generation of how and what Amazon customers are watching globally? We are a growing team with an ambitious charter and need your passion, innovative ideas, leadership, and creativity to help take this service to new heights.
As Sr. Manager of Product Management, you will lead a high-performing team of Product Managers and Program Managers to define and build products that empower Prime Video and IMDb TV’s digital video content providers worldwide, ranging from independent filmmakers to large studios such as Sony, Disney, and Warner Bros.
As the single-threaded product leader for Amazon’s digital video content provider-facing experience, you will be responsible for a suite of products and features across two external facing experiences: Video Central and Prime Video Direct. You will work cross-functionally with a dedicated engineering organization, UX design, Business Intelligence, Operations, Finance, Legal, Content Acquisition, and executive teams to scale existing features, bring new products to market, develop and grow business opportunities, and enhance our customer experience for video providers around the world.
A successful candidate will be able to articulate and drive a strategic vision across a diverse collection of customer-facing products and technology, work cross-functionally across key stakeholders, interface with senior leadership, and partner closely with engineering teams to deliver scalable solutions that grow selection for Prime Video's and IMDb TV's customers. He or she will have a consistent track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment and developing high-performing product teams. This leader must have strong written and verbal communications skills, as well as an entrepreneurial spirit, the ability to manage and influence others, passion for digital video, and strong cross-functional leadership.
· Demonstrated strength in building trust and driving alignment across a diverse, matrixed set of stakeholders.
· Demonstrated experience with written and verbal communication to influence senior management.
· Experience with digital video products and/or technologies.
· MBA preferred.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 8+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
· 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
· 6+ years of experience managing teams
· BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
· 8+ Years of experience operating, managing, and delivering results in a consumer facing online retail/services product management role.
· Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition, feature delivery and trade offs of a product, end to end product delivery.
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product.