The Robotics Ergonomic Innovation Team seeks a customer obsessed and innovative Human Factors Engineer to conceptualize, design and implement ergonomic solutions throughout our fulfillment network. This role requires you to deeply understand our customer using a variety of data analytics techniques as well as provide guidance on current technologies that step towards the future vision. You will drive state-of-the-art ergonomic innovation using novel techniques and technologies to influence our R&D roadmap and improve the working environment of the customer, our Associates!
As a Human Factors Engineer, you will engage with cross-disciplinary teams to manage the design process for ergonomic initiatives and products. You must be responsive, flexible and able to succeed with individual responsibilities within a collaborative peer environment. You will work across multiple programs helping to develop a range of ergonomic solutions. In this role you will coordinate process planning for design of new product & initiatives and support the team in logistics related to the design process such as prototype building and design review documentation.
· Experience in ergonomics programs in manufacturing, production, or service operations
· Ability to develop and implement department goals and strategies.
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Ideal candidate profile
· Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Mechanical Engineering, Product Design or Program Management.
· Ergonomic Certification (AEP, CPE or equivalent), or ability to become certified required
· 6+ years of experience in Design/Innovation, Research & Development, /Process/ Industrial , or related.
· Experience must involve technical leadership for large-scale industrial projects.
· Proficiency using business/technical software like MS , Word, CAD 2D/3D Software.
· Drive innovation in approaches to ergonomics both within Amazon and redefining best practice industry approaches.
· Apply ergonomic principles into real life complex problems using modeling, data and other methods to optimize human performance and overall performance to eliminate or reduce risk of injury/illness
· Use a holistic systems approach, considering the broader context of the human in the environment (physical, cognitive and organizational factors)
· Excellent oral and written communication skills required for effective presentations.