At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you would like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history. We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join our Human Resources department as a Sr. HR Administrator in one of our North America Fulfillment Centers.
When we hire you at Amazon, we hire for the future. With unlimited career opportunities, Amazon invests in ensuring our teams are always challenged. We are constantly learning from each other, and creatively contributing to our next big idea. You will be surrounded by the best innovators of our time and we welcome you to make history with us: minority, female, gender identity, disability, or sexual orientation. See why diversity is important to us.
The Sr. HR Assistant is both a strategic and hands-on role that provides Human Resources support to our fulfillment centers. The role is critical in executing our people initiatives, providing great internal customer support, and driving HR functional excellence and process improvement.
· Ensure data integrity in HRIS (Peoplesoft) systems.
· Daily maintenance of HRIS systems: entering new employees, issuing time cards, and updating employee information, Benefits Enrollments, etc.
· Attendance tracking: coordinate with managers to ensure employees are on the correct schedule pattern and crew sheets.
· Completing and distributing daily and weekly reports to Fulfillment Center (FC) managers and corporate office.
· Compiling all new-hire data and entering into PeopleSoft.
· Ensure timely payroll reporting from FC to Amazon's corporate payroll office. Ability to troubleshoot reporting errors prior to transmission.
· Coordinate with managers, using labor-tracking tools, to ensure employees are on the correct schedule patterns
· Completing and distributing reports as needed by FC managers and corporate offices. Provide frequent customer service regarding payroll, benefits, scheduling, etc.
· Assist internal customers with benefits, orientation, and stock inquiries.
· Assist Recruiting/Safety Department, as necessary (new hire orientations, safety talks, interview loops and coordination).
· Conduct administration portion of new-hire orientation.
· Liaison with department managers and security for administration of badging process for building access and timekeeping.
· Calculate turnover metrics for salaried and hourly associates.
· Complete employment and payroll verifications.
· Organize all HR department records, employment files and maintains operation of office equipment.
· Maintain several HR spreadsheets related to workers compensation, LOA, stock, etc.
· All other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
Ideal candidate profile
· Experience with MS Word, Excel including pivot tables and v-look ups
· Experience with Payroll Systems, HRIS
· 3+ years' office administration required, including exposure to the human resources administrative functions
· Full shift flexibility including overtime, holidays and weekends*
· Bachelor's Degree
We require full shift flexibility; you are unable to adhere to this we will be unable to move forward