Are you passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insights that impact daily business decisions? Does the prospect of dealing with massive volumes of data excite you? Do you like getting "scrappy" with data to answer challenging product and customer behavior questions? The Amazon Global Credit Team is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to answer key strategic questions and generate deep data-driven insights to help shape the direction of our payments business in Europe.
The Amazon Global Credit Team manages all Amazon-branded payment offerings globally. These offerings are growing rapidly, and we are continuously adding new market-leading features and launching new products. Our team uses rigorous quantitative approaches to ensure that we show the right product to the right customer at the right moment. Our petabytes of data have the ability to improve the purchasing experiences for hundreds of millions of consumers worldwide. Those who love to work with data see this as the pinnacle of opportunities that you cannot find anywhere else in the world.
Our ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, relishes working with large transactional volumes and big data, enjoys the challenge of highly complex business contexts (that are typically being defined in real-time), and, above all else, is passionate about data and analytics. In this role you will be expected to work with business leaders to understand the problems they need to solve and design the appropriate solution. You will need to collect new data in order to produce 360 degree views of our customers, analyze the results, form strategic opinions, and then publish the data out to all interested teams. Often times, the ideal set of data will not be available and you'll have to think creatively about what is available in order to drive results.
You will be responsible for researching insights as well as educating the business, product, marketing, and business development teams on the implementation of those insights to enable data-driven, day-to-day decision making. You will partner with our product management, marketing, engineering, operations, and finance teams to:
· Contribute to the development and enhancement of business credit products and features.
· Analyze and solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
· Learn and understand a broad range of Amazon's data resources and know when, how, and which to use and which not to use.
· Interface with all internal related and ancillary teams to deliver data and analytics as requested.
· Report results in a manner which is both statistically rigorous and compellingly relevant.
· Provide statistical support on experimental design, exploratory data analysis, modeling, and data management using both standard and non-standard methods.
· Triage many possible courses of action in a high-ambiguity environment, making use of both quantitative analysis and business judgment.