This role will support an exciting new project based in Coventry until January and will then be based in Dunstable permanently.
Travel and accommodation will be covered for the time based in Coventry.
Amazon Transport Services is looking for an Sortation Supervisor to support the Shift Manager to drive innovation and execution in a Sortation Centre. You should have the drive to motivate a team of individuals to meet targets and productivity expectations in line with company goals. You should be prepared to take responsibility for tracking the attendance and work flow of that team and work alongside the Shift Manager to highlight and rectify issues as they arise.
Sun to Wed or Wed to Sat, 40 hours, Shift times TBC
The ideal candidate requires leadership experience in the transportation / sortation delivery industry or a similar fast-paced logistics/distribution environment as you will:
· Support daily management of department duties.
· Deputise for the Shift Manager as required.
· Carry out debriefs of all staff and ensure that paperwork is accurately and fully completed.
· Carry out duties in accordance with Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs.)
· Carry out security checks prior to the end of the shift.
· Assign work to staff as required to support the workflow and daily metrics.
· Support the Shift Manager by ensuring there is sufficient resourcing for your function including call outs for training needs, absence and performance management, coaching and continuous monitoring of department productivity.
· Support in the development of a strong culture of health and safety practices and initiatives through the compliance with legislation and policy.
· Assist with the training of new associates to ensure they have the right knowledge to carry out tasks required.
· Assist the Shift Manager with tracking, trending and reporting of departmental metrics.
· Assist the Shift Manager in analyzing and understanding the reasons behind success and failure in meeting departmental and Delivery Station goals.
· Tracking and reporting of hours and schedules for staff.
· Review and update SOPs and metrics as required.
· Follow up and solve process-related area issues as required.
· Ensure vehicle and equipment defect reporting is completed to a high standard.
· Manage customer service escalations and interface with driver and customer where necessary.
· Be able and willing to work to flexible schedules/shifts and commit the time required to get the job done.