Amazon Tax technology team is looking for passionate individuals who love to design and build world-class internal customer-facing interfaces and the services that make them possible. You are a talented Software Development Engineer who is seeking an environment where you can drive innovation? Do you have a passion for ensuring a positive customer experience? This is the job for you!
It's Day 1 in Tax Technology, and we're at the beginning of building out an entire suite of global tax solutions. The Tax technology team is in the early phases of design and development and this is your chance to shape a brand new product from the start.
In this role you will:
- Design and build services to make customer lives better and will be part of a new “AWS like” technology platform for Tax
- Work through all phases of the project lifecycle, including reviewing requirements, designing services that lay foundation for the new technology platform, building new interfaces and also integrate with existing architectures, developing and testing code, and delivering seamless implementations for Global Tax customers
- Evaluate and utilize AWS technologies where appropriate, such as EC2, RDS/DynamoDB/RedShift, SWF, S3 and QuickSight to design and build scalable backend web services and customer facing APIs
- Design and code technical solutions in tools such as Java, Angular JS, and/or SQL Server to deliver value to tax customers
- Contribute to a suite of tools that will be hosted on the AWS cloud infrastructure
- Build dashboard and visualization services
- Build iteratively using agile methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills strongly preferred
- Previous experience or strong desire to learn AWS technology such as EC2, RDS/DynamoDB/RedShift, SWF, S3 and QuickSight
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Ideal candidate profile
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with one or more coding languages like Java, C#, .NET and/or SQL
- Previous experience designing/coding applications requiring a high degree of complexity
- Proven experience designing data structures that meet the application requirements