We're looking for a software engineer to help us build and deliver personalized product recommendations. In this role, you will join Personalization, a team at our development center in Edinburgh, Scotland. The team applies modern deep learning techniques to generate high quality customer recommendations. The team works with large data sets, rapidly prototypes, performs offline/online experiments and delivers recommendations directly to the website in front of millions of Amazon's customers globally..
As an engineer working at Amazon, you will play a key role in building software products and features from the ground up. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems and your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development. You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of Amazon customers worldwide.
· Experience of working with machine learning and big data
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify, and build.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a basic criminal check. Further details of this policy/procedure will be sent to you along with your conditional offer.
Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use, and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
· Bachelor's degree in a quantitative/technical discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· Non-internship professional software development experience
· Experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
· Computer Science Honours degree (2:1 or better) or related technical degree. In lieu of degree, relevant skills and equivalent experience.
· Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
· Excellent written and verbal English communications skills.
· Proficiency in a major programming language.