The IMDb TV team is shaping the future of digital video entertainment. Our mission is to build earth’s most customer centric ad supported premium free video service and make it trivially easy for hundreds of millions of customers to enjoy.
We have learned that customer’s love IMDb TV so we are looking for an experienced SDE who can build on our early success, pioneer new programs for customers, and help define our future.
As a member of the IMDb TV team, you will spend your time as a hands-on engineer and a technical leader.
· You will play a key role in building software products and features from the ground up.
· You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems.
· Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development.
· You will have the freedom and encouragement to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit tens of millions of Amazon.com customers.
This is very much Day 1 for IMDb TV so you would be joining an entrepreneurial and pioneering team that is building from scratch.
· Experience in building significant modules for complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience influencing software engineering best practices including development and maintenance
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Solid ground in Computer Science fundamentals
· Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Swift, Objective, C/C++
· Understanding of software development principles, capabilities and limitations of mobile platforms like XCode
· Experience shipping consumer mobile applications (on iOS)
· Ability to work effectively and deliver results in a customer-focused, cross-functional team