Want to watch a movie at the end of a long week, but not sure what to choose? Looking for a new show while you wait for the next season of Game of Thrones to start? So are millions of our Amazon Video customers., and we're just getting started on building a completely personalized experience.
The Prime Video Personalized Recommendations team owns the personalization of carousels on the Prime Video homepage. We work with customer facing products that are highly visible and on initiatives that directly impact PV goals of increasing customer activity on the platform. We use Machine Learning to analyze the customer's behavior to infer what they would be most likely to watch and recommend content that is highly relevant.
As an experienced member of the team, you will spend your time as a hands-on engineer and a technical leader. You will play a key role in building software products and features from the ground up. You will use a wide range of technologies, programming languages and systems. Your responsibilities will include all aspects of software development. You will work with Data Scientists to build Personalization and Recommender systems. You will be given the freedom and inspiration to explore your own ideas and the reward of seeing your contributions benefit millions of Amazon.com customers worldwide.
If you are ready to truly make an impact on a product that is used by millions of people around the world, including your own friends and family, then we would love to talk to you.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority/Female/Disability/Vet
· Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Product development experience in consumer-focused companies
· Experience with scalable data processing platforms and tools like Spark, Hadoop.
· Experience developing web services, or other large scale distributed systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· A track record of innovating in Machine Learning algorithms and applications.
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design