Advert Closing Date: 8th April 2018
Location: Cambridge UK
The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the innovative Cloud Cam and Alexa family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices such as Echo Show and the Echo Look to add Computer Vision to Alexa. What will you help us create?
As a Software Cloud Development Engineer, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative consumer electronics products. Your responsibilities will include coding in Java and working on distributed cloud systems, as well as undertaking feasibility studies to design cloud software solutions. You will work closely with an internal interdisciplinary team and outside partners to drive key aspects of product definition, execution, and test, as well as this you'll be involved in planning and maintaining database structures.
You must be responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open collaborative peer environment.
The ideal candidate has current and extensive experience developing and building distributed systems and applications. The ideal candidate:
· Has in-depth expertise working with distributed systems and understands how they are deployed.
· Enjoys working side by side with partners, colleagues and teams on tough problems
· Is highly effective and thrives in a dynamic environment with multiple, changing priorities
· Knows what is important when shipping products to customers and has been through the process from start to finish
· Is comfortable with proactive outward communication and technical leadership and never shies away from a challenge