While our problems may be complex, our solutions should be simple. Are you a Software Development professional yearning to find a place to take your career to the next level? Is problem solving and troubleshooting to design and create unique software solutions part of your DNA? Then it’s time to take a look at the Partner Support and Seller Solutions team! Read on to learn more…
Our goal is simple – the Partner Support and Seller Solutions team seeks to make online selling more attractive to a broader demographic of potential retailers through superior scalable object-oriented code. Your work will directly impact cost, selection and the customer experience for both internal and external customers alike.
As an experienced Software Engineer, you will help drive the global expansion of our applications and services, with a significant opportunity to define a Seller and Buyer facing Amazon platform. You will develop a scalable framework for the improvement of the Seller Experience as you work collaboratively across Amazon development teams to integrate their services with our applications and platform. Because you take pride in setting the standard for engineering excellence, you are a hands-on, pragmatic problem solver that easily balances trade-offs between competing interests. You thrive in a fast-moving team environment where you are able to juggle complex dependencies and requirements while producing optimal solutions.
“Third-party sellers contribute just above 30% of unit sales, and are a very significant part of Amazon's business.” – Jeff Bezos
We are looking for dynamic and innovative Software Development Engineers to join our expanding team to help develop applications that will improve the Amazon Seller Experience and scale for the explosive growth of Sellers on Amazon. This unique opportunity puts you in the driver’s seat to create applications that will improve the efficiency of over 2 million third-party Sellers that help to directly impact the bottom line for both the Seller and Amazon.
· Master's degree or Ph.D. in Computer Science or equivalent with 2 years of industry experience.
· Experience delivering high-volume production software services in a Linux environment for 2 years.
· Experience in Scrum / Agile methodologies as scrum master
· Experience in Amazon Web Services
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Experience in UI development on multiple platforms
· The ability to work effectively under pressure in a dynamic environment
· Previous technical internship(s)
· Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design