We build products that help customers make healthier choices. Our new team is full-stack, building data pipelines, mobile features, front/mid/backend, and tooling. We use AWS technologies such as ElasticSearch, CloudSearch, ECS, Lambda, and Amazon EMR.
This is an incredible growth and learning opportunity! You get to learn new tech/languages, move up/down the tech stack, and build experiences that solve immediate customer problems. We’re a supportive team with a high technical bar, providing ample room for rapid growth.
A day in the life
You will get to work directly with both Product and UX to design delightful mobile wellness services for our customers. As a founding member of the team, you'll get a lot of technical ownership, writing design docs, leading reviews, and owning the technical delivery of major applications in the Halo Health Tech app.
About the hiring group
We are a new team with an ambitious mission to make a positive impact on our customers' health. We do this by emphasizing Ownership, Learn & Be Curious, and Customer Obsession. Engineers on our team are given a lot of ownership over building our new domain, as well as influencing our dependencies in Halo Alexa and elsewhere.
We've launched! Come join Amazon Halo and the Health and Wellness team!
How often have you had an opportunity to be a founding member of a team solving significant customer problems through innovative technology? Our emerging technologies team, within Amazon’s Device organization (Amazon Echo, Fire TV, Fire Tablets, and more), is looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented individuals to join our fast paced, start-up environment to help invent the future. We solve significant customer problems in the consumer electronics space through devices, mobile applications, cloud services (AWS), computer vision, and machine learning.
As a Software Engineer on this team, you will define and build innovative consumer product experiences with a direct impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of flagship products that customers love and use every day. The ideal candidate will have industry-leading programming skills, an established background developing consumer applications and services across mobile platforms (Android and iOS) or high-volume service architectures, and an industry-leading knowledge of object-oriented development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
· 3+ years delivering production code in an object-oriented language such as Java, C/C++, Python, Objective-C, or C#.
· 3+ years of experience designing and delivering mobile applications (Android or iOS) or REST-based services.
· Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· Experience building high-performance, highly-available, and scalable distributed systems.
· Experience designing software for performance, scalability, and reliability.
· Familiarity with a Machine Learning framework such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or MxNet.
· Experience with running inference runtimes on embedded platforms
· Experience making optimization trade-offs for Machine Learning operations on various processors
· Experience with machine learning
· Experience launching cutting edge science as features in existing products or as new products
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems