Amazon’s eCommerce Services Organization (eCS) is leading big innovations in business systems integration and financial data processing. Our systems are advancing one of the world's most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce platforms that processes hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions, in multiple currencies and countries.
We need strong, innovative Software Development Engineer to help with building next generation application and services build over cloud computing technologies (SQS, QLDB, S3, EMR, DynamoDB, EKS and Lambda) and responsible for the secure, scalable world class cash reconciliation platform. These services processes and reconciles statements worth over US $250Bn every year. Targeted towards cash accounting users, the system aims to simplify and expedite the cash reconciliation process at Amazon. The system needs to perform a holistic automated reconciliation of all banking activity (receipts, disbursements, inter-company wires, bank fees, etc.) at scale, by systematically performing all the manual tasks that are performed by accountants and analysts on a daily basis.
The complexity and scale of our services requires a Software Development Engineer who is interested in working on large scale, highly distributed systems and who can bring new ideas with the confidence to put them to the test as we change the transmission on the rapidly moving bus that is Amazon.
We are looking to build a cohesive, team-oriented group of engineers with someone who shares a passion for developing great software and has the desire to take their technical career to the next level. If you like solving complex problems, in a challenging environment, we would love to talk with you.
· Advanced degree in Computer Science or an Engineering discipline
· 5+ years of software development experience.
· Comfortable working with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly.
· Ability to take a project from requirements analysis through to launch and operation of the system in production.
· Experience building high-volume, highly available systems and operating 24x7 services.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience