The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, Amazon Dash, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Amazon Device software team is looking for an exceptional, motivated software engineer to implement computer vision system on the Edge. This is an ambitious undertaking to create a new device category from ground up and is replete with technical challenges. You will take an exciting and challenging role on a team and work with world-class engineers, business leaders, and other talented engineering teams while you design, architect, and code for our computer vision platform for the edge.
You will be part of a passionate team whose missions is to push the frontier of computer vision and machine learning technology into the smart home application area. This is a great opportunity for you to innovate in this space by developing software at the edge and in the cloud, and integrating them into consumer services to enable a premium customer experience.
In this role, you will build data infrastructure, data pipelines and distributed systems, alongside working directly with applied scientists to train and ship machine learning models of their own. you will assist with the design, architecture and construction of big data pipelines that collect, manipulate, process, analyze and utilize visual data. You should have extremely high standards, enjoy being in a team on the cutting edge of science, enjoy (or look forward to) building distributed systems, and be at home engineering solutions for customers in the face of ambiguity.
· Experience in building software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers. Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
· Academic and/or industry experience with one of more of the following domains: computer vision, image recognition, machine learning or large-scale distributed systems.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience with big data processing like Apache Spark, EMR.
· Ability and willingness to multi-task and learn new technologies quickly.
· Strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
· 1+ year of experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
· 1+ year of programming experience with at least one modern programming language such as C++, Java, C#, or Python.