Do you want to help shape the future of compute for the Amazon Web Services cloud?
The EC2 Enterprise Workloads organization is responsible for tackling tough problems faced by enterprise customers via cloud-based solutions. The team uses cutting-edge technologies to develop large-scale platforms to help customers optimally run their business.
We are hiring experienced Software Development Engineers to make Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) the best place to run enterprise class workloads. As part of our team you will help build next generation services that simplifies how our customers and partners configure and manage high performance computing workloads on the cloud. You will closely work with various pre-release Amazon technologies and build services that handle large scale, highly available distributed systems.
We are looking for Software Development Engineers who are passionate about working on cutting edge technologies, who bring deep technical knowledge, and who have experience with distributed systems to drive technical design and implement end-end solutions. If you’re into operating systems, how software interfaces with hardware, file systems, or just working on challenging software problems where performance and code size still matter, come and join us. The ideal candidate for this position is a software engineer excited to work in a cloud scale environment who has prior experience of developing Windows user- or kernel-mode drivers in a system level programming language such as C/C++.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
This position involves on-call responsibilities.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
· Programming experience with other higher level languages, like PowerShell, Python, Rust, Golang etc
· Knowledge about Virtualization technologies, Cloud-computing concepts
· Prior experiences with some AWS services, like Lambdas, CodeBuild etc
· Knowledge or experience with software performance evaluation or benchmarking
· Results driven as well as open minded for out-of-box ideas
· Comfortable in a fast-paced, start-up like environment
· Passion to work with mission critical services and deliver the best to customers
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BS in CS/EE or related field with 5+ years of experience or MS in CS/EE + 1+ years of experience.
· proficient in C/C++
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithms, data structures, system architecture, software engineering basics
· 1+ years of experiences in developing Windows user-mode or kernel-mode drivers
· familiar with at least one Windows driver development model, such as NDDI, StorPort, WDM, WDF etc
· Deep understanding into OS level, familiar with either Windows or Linux kernels
· prior experience with at least one full software development cycle from architect, design, code, review, verification, automation, debugging / system-level troubleshooting, release / maintenance
· Good communication skills in both verbal and written forms