We are looking for innovative and result oriented Software Development Engineers to join the Computer Vision team that owns Amazon Rekognition (https://aws.amazon.com/rekognition/) and Amazon Textract (https://aws.amazon.com/textract/).
We are setting up a new team in India to own and launch a new computer vision powered service to be launched by reinvent 2021. This team will comprise of Software Development Engineers and Applied scientists and will be responsible for developing the service ground up. This team will own the full service stack and will solve challenging problems around scaling, efficiency, and reliability to make sure our customers get the content they care about. This role requires strong technical expertise, preferably with a background in computer vision, excellent leadership and communication, and hands-on skills.
If you are a talented, detail-oriented and enthusiastic software professional who is passionate about new technologies including big data, computer vision, and machine learning, then this is the right team for you. If you are excited about the future of computer vision and building new customer experiences, we want to hear from you!
· Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
· Actively practicing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life-cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Domain knowledge of Computer Vision and/or Machine Learning
· Experience working in a software as a service environment (e-commerce or other high scale services)
· Experience with working on AWS services (S3, DynamoDB, EC2)
· Experience creating new successful REST APIs and SDKs delivered in multiple languages
· Create reliable/maintainable code, and find creative and scalable solutions to difficult problems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design