GET READY TO DO SOMETHING BIG AT WW PRIME SCALE!
The Prime Shopping Experience team seeks talented engineers who will help launch new Prime Benefits. The opportunity is for a greenfield project where we are looking to iterate, launch highly scalable customer facing functionality. We are looking for experienced engineers to both help us in designing for and iterating on building the solution. You will be given the chance to build out entirely new capabilities on Native AWS while working closely with the business team to design, develop, and deliver new features.
ABOUT PRIME: Over 150 million paid members in 17 countries around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more. Prime members can also get deep discounts on select popular products at Whole Foods Market plus an additional 10 percent off hundreds of sale items. Prime was built on the foundation of unlimited fast, free shipping and members receive Prime FREE One-Day Shipping and Prime FREE Same-Day Delivery in more than 8,000 cities and towns, two-hour delivery with Prime Now in more than 30 major cities and unlimited Free Two-Day Shipping on more than 100 million items".
If you want to work on one of Amazon.com's most impactful program and are passionate about writing code that impacts millions of people every day, then the Amazon Prime Team wants to hear from you.
· Object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems and algorithms
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
· Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.