The Alexa Communications group is reinventing the way people use technology to connect with one-another. We solve complex technical and business problems with ingenuity and simplicity. You can make history with us, and the good news is that we’ve only just begun!
Running with the spirit and energy of a start-up, our team is focused on leveraging emerging technologies and bridging household-devices with cloud services, to create new product offerings in the space of people communications, enabling people to connect in new ways like never before!
For our team we are looking for passionate, curious, and talented Software Engineers to build innovative, mission critical, applications that revolutionize the industry. Join our team and you will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
In this role, you will need a passion to build elegant systems in the most efficient ways while pushing the limits of current technology and challenging the status quo.
Key responsibilities include:
· Influence our overall strategy by helping define product features, drive the system architecture, and spearhead the best practices that enable a quality product
· Participate in all stages of the software development cycle, including designing and developing new system architecture and improvements
· Working with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technologies and evaluate technical feasibility
· Focusing on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions
· Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews
· Working in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software
· Master’s degree in CS, EE Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
· Experience with or knowledge of Communications/Media protocols and standards such as WebRTC, SDP, RTP, and SIP.
· Experience with VoIP and/or real-time communication technologies
· Experience with embedded devices
· Excellence in technical communication with peers, partners, and non-technical cohorts
· Experience with complex, multi-threaded system software that has been successfully delivered
· Experience developing Android and/or iOS services or applications
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
· 3+ years professional in software development
· Experience in Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
· Experience in Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
· Experience in Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
· Experience designing and developing object-oriented software in C++ or Java