Amazon Pay team is looking for Software Development Engineers (SDEs) to help drive the development of new features, functionality, and capabilities.
Over the past 20 years Amazon has earned the trust of over 300 Million active customers by providing unprecedented convenience, selection and value on Amazon.com. Now, this same purchase experience can be made available anywhere you shop. Merchants who enable Amazon Pay make it easy for millions of the web’s most valuable consumers to safely purchase from them in just a few clicks or taps using the information already stored in their Amazon account. This helps merchants quickly turn visitors into high-value customers, lower acquisition costs, improve conversion rates, and rapidly boost sales revenue. Amazon Pay is now offered in countries in North America, Europe, and Asia, and continues to grow.
Amazon Pay is the means by which Amazon extends its relationship with customers beyond its sites. Amazon Pay exports the convenience, trust, and preference for Amazon across the web, apps, and other connected devices. Our goal is to become the method that every customer chooses to pay a merchant, worldwide. Amazon is bringing together its unrivaled customer data, world-class personalization technologies and unique positioning within the ecommerce value chain to enable other retailers and partners to create unique commerce and purchase experiences that benefit buyers and merchants globally. With a relentless obsession for our customers – both merchants and buyers – we are growing rapidly and offer a unique opportunity to join a small, high-visibility organization that has the potential to contribute to a sizeable part of Amazon’s overall growth.
We have challenging problems to solve in payments domain including connected payments experiences across various devices, voice first and performance engineering. We intend to be the world's best and fastest payments, built by an excellent team, all while having fun - come join us on the journey!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
· Knowledge of database system internals
· At least 1 year of professional software development experience
· Have worked on highly concurrent, high throughput systems with knowledge of distributed systems
· Hands-on experience with AWS APIs and services
· Effective verbal and written communication skills
· Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science
· Enrolled in, or received at a minimum a Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM related field such as IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering
· Proficiency in one of the following languages: Java, C++, or C
· Proficiency in design and analysis of algorithms and data structures
· Have a comfortable understanding of Linux.
· Knowledge on distributed applications/enterprise applications
· Strong customer focus, ownership and drive