Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an innovative and passionate engineer to architect and build a private pricing deal management platform that will enable and accelerate private pricing deals with some of our most important customers and partners. You will come in on the ground floor and will be key to ensuring this platform is built to support Amazon's scale. This is a ground breaking opportunity to architect a new platform using a configurable, federated, and horizontally scalable design. The platform will provide the foundation for full-stack applications built using native AWS technologies. You will interface with teams across AWS to solve unique business problems at Amazon's scale.
A qualified candidate for this role enjoys building highly scalable, fault-tolerant distributed systems using native cloud architectural patterns. If you are interested in being part of AWS and building services that allow AWS to reach its innovative and aggressive goals, then we look forward to connecting with you. You'll be part of a world-class team in a fast-paced environment that has the entrepreneurial feel of a start-up. This is an opportunity to operate and engineer systems on a massive scale, and to gain top-notch experience in cloud computing.
In this role, you will
· Design scalable and fault-tolerant platform components that will power full-stack applications for building compelling user experiences
· Collaborate with UX design and product teams to understand needs, propose features, create early prototypes and transform them into exciting experiences.
· Propose innovative tools, frameworks, automations and processes that are used by the entire services team for development.
· Write high-quality, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews.
· Dive deep into client or server systems to optimize for performance, maintainability, scalability, and extensibility.
· Mentor your team members to promote engineering excellence
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design.
· Experience developing large scale services on AWS such as Amazon DynamoDB, S3, API Gateway, IAM, Redshift, Athena.
· Experience leading high-impact, cross team architectural design decisions, and guide senior engineers by setting examples to deliver solutions to ambiguous problems.
· 3+ years of experience in building large scale, multi-tiered, distributed applications.
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
· Solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Age / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Ideal candidate profile
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.