By 2020, it is estimated that there will be 13B addressable smart home devices in the US and that the global smart home industry, which includes smart entertainment, smart environment (e.g., lighting, thermostats), and smart security will reach $58.7 billion. 54% of US consumers are excited about smart home technology, yet only 6% of households have adopted it to date, highlighting the opportunity for growth. The vision for Smart Home Services is to tackle this segment by building a work-force of Amazon employees who are experts in smart home technology to deliver, install, and set up Alexa devices to create the Amazon smart home.
Amazon is looking for a self-driven individual who has an obsession with Customer satisfaction and a passion for consumer technology. The field technician will be responsible for setting up and troubleshooting technology products in Customers' homes as well as providing expert product advice. The successful candidate will have an immediate and distinct impact on the experience of Amazon Customers and therefore a strong record of Customer obsession, high judgment, and delivery of results are key requirements for the role. Additionally, the successful candidate must have a curious mind and a desire to learn new technology as the role will support a variety of products. Amazon will provide technical and Customer service training and offers benefits including Amazon stock, paternity and maternity leave, and paid vacation. If you love helping people solve challenging technical problems, then this is the role for you.
Core Job Responsibilities
· Travel to customers' homes to set up or help troubleshoot technology products
· Identify opportunities to delight customers during the visit by going above and beyond the initial customer request
· Advise customers on products that meet their needs
· Review products and provide helpful guides through blog entries or videos
· Maintain a positive and professional demeanor, always portraying the company in a positive light
· Share customer feedback and insights with fellow field technicians and other Amazon teams