Amazon has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples of being named #1 in customer service, #1 most trusted, and #2 most innovative. Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. As a member of the AWS Premium Support team in Amazon Internet Services Private Limited (AISPL), you will be at the forefront of this transformational technology assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications. You will work with leading companies in this space and directly with the engineering teams within AISPL developing these new capabilities.
The AWS Premium Support team in AISPL is seeking an experienced Workforce Analyst to provide world class support to our AWS support sites operations team in India. This role will be responsible for building relationships with a site’s leadership teams in India and helping them execute on a staffing plan for highly complex engineering teams that provide 24/7 supports for 70+ services within AWS.
Key Expectations of the AWS Workforce Analyst include:
· Supports the site management team in India by optimizing the staffing requirements that fit site’s needs
· Creates weekly level capacity plan for a site and resolves the differences of this plan to the monthly plan provided by the global capacity planning team
· Creates mitigation plans for capacity risks or gaps by managing dependencies across multiple operating units in India
· Coordinates with local site operations and the global capacity planning team to analyze historical data and forecast demand for that site
· Manages the analyses of daily, weekly, and monthly reporting of site performance via Key Performance Indicators (e.g., service level)
· Builds a strong relationship with the site operations team to ensure proper execution of the capacity plan as well as provides general education regarding to the best workflow management practices
· Provides the optimal workforce and capacity planning solutions for the upcoming initiatives and new service launches at that site in India
· Be actively engaged with our queue and routing mechanisms to make proactive changes for long term trends, as well as real time adjustments for events that occur
· MBA preferred
· Experience building and analyzing forecasting models using various statistical tools
· Experience and/or familiarity in establishing skills based routing or general contact routing systems
· Ability to build and leverage relationships with senior leadership to effectively drive change on major, complex and long lasting initiatives
· Excellent analytical and mathematical skills
· Strong command of Excel and other MS Office programs
· Ability to communicate effective in English (verbally and written)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
· 5+ years of experience in workforce management, capacity planning, business analytics, customer support operations, or real-time analytics
· Bachelor’s Degree in a quantitative field (engineering, economics, math, or statistics), business, or equivalent
· 1+ years of experience with database software (SQL Server, MySQL, Access, etc.) and various data acquisition languages (SQL, Python, Java)
· Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
· Experience building executive reporting using various data visualization tools (Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI, Quicksight)