Like building software?
Like automating the software update processes?
Like working with/for software projects?
Love solving problems at scale?
Come join us in Builder Tools, in making Amazon developers more efficient.
The AWS Builder Tools Software Assurance and Curation org is looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to help us in our mission to make developers focus on coding, and making their life easier with an automated software patching support. As a Sr. TPM, you will own the delivery of the software patching tooling for Amazon developers.
You will be the point of contact for critical new features and products, representing our team to senior leadership across AWS.
In the Software Assurance and Curation org, we:
- Provide a safe and easy way to upgrade and ensure compliance for the software packages for Amazon developers.
- Provide tools for large scale software management.
As a TPM, you will:
- Be a mission-critical member of the leadership team, unify distributed engineering efforts and own the plan to deliver high-profile new tools and features for developers that build AWS and Amazon.com.
- Lead strategic initiatives across many Amazon teams that will provide developers with high-impact improvements.
- Draw on your knowledge of software development to hold a high standard of excellence for the developer experience.
- Drive technical requirements, design, and delivery planning, working across engineering teams and stakeholders to ensure successful launch of initiatives.
- Enable transparency and decision-making across AWS executive leadership by providing critical communication and clear status of the initiatives you own.
- Apply your expertise, problem solving skills, and creativity to add value and diversity of thought to our team.
The Senior TPM role requires excellent leadership skills, strong technical expertise and hands-on project management skills. The right candidate will be adept at writing technical specifications, owning program schedules from design to release, and partnering effectively with other teams across Amazon.
If you enjoy iterating quickly, testing new ideas, and are passionate about providing a great user experience, we want to hear from you!
AWS has the most services and more features within those services, than any other cloud provider–from infrastructure technologies like compute, storage, and databases–to emerging technologies, such as machine learning and artificial intelligence, data lakes and analytics, and Internet of Things. Whether its Identity features such as access management and sign on, cryptography, console, builder & developer tools, and even projects like automating all of our contractual billing systems, AWS Platform is always innovating with the customer in mind. The AWS Platform team sustains over 750 million transactions per second.
We have a formal mentor search application that lets you find a mentor that works best for you based on location, job family, job level etc. Your manager can also help you find a mentor or two, because two is better than one. In addition to formal mentors, we work and train together so that we are always learning from one another, and we celebrate and support the career progression of our team members.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal life.
· Proven ability to influence senior leadership (Director, VP) level
· Strong communication (verbal and written) skills
· Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines
· Resourceful - able to deliver results with minimal direction.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders
· Solid understanding of developer tools and cloud technologies
· Experience working on frameworks or platforms consumed by a large developer audience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 5+ years as a Technical Program Manager or equivalent experience
· 3+ years experience as a software developer, or equivalent experience to demonstrate technical design expertise and understanding of the developer experience