As earth’s most customer-centric company, Amazon strives to invent new shopping experiences that customers love. Younger customers are increasingly turning to video content as a method of discovering new products and brands. Our mission is to create a next generation shopping experience that enables customers to connect with brands and influencers directly using live video and engaging interactivity features.
Amazon Live is looking for a thought leader with deep experience in product innovation to drive our distribution roadmap and deliver results. We need an individual that can define highly ambiguous problems spaces into simple and compelling product visions, manage cross-functional and cross-team relationships, and drive a roadmap and successful execution. The ideal candidate has deep experience building successful customer-facing businesses, uses a clear understanding of the customer to prioritize business initiatives, and can effectively influence across organizations. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a strong track record of delivery. You are comfortable taking initiative and working across teams in a relatively unstructured environment. Passion for the customer and their user experience is critical.
This is a unique opportunity to build a product-focused live streaming video program for brands and influencers on Amazon. We offer a creative, fast paced, entrepreneurial work environment where you’ll be at the center of Amazon innovation.
· Develop product vision, business plans, and success metrics
· Manage product roadmaps, ensure that they are prioritized appropriately
· Work directly with customers and video creators to ensure that our product offering meets their needs.
· Work cross-functionally to manage bottlenecks, anticipate and make trade-offs, balance the business needs against technical constraints, and maximize business benefit while building great customer experiences.
· Present confidently to Amazon senior management, external clients, and other large audiences
· Experience leading engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Current ownership of roadmap strategy and definition
· Ability to own feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated ability to extract and analyze data to make product decisions
· Strategic thinker with high attention to detail
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 2+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
· 5+ years of technical product management, program management or engineering experience
· Bachelor's Degree
· Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
· Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product