Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of e-Commerce and Advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers across our owned and operated sites, on other high-quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, streaming services, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including Advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place!
Our team's mandate is to accelerate adoption of the Amazon Shopper Panel, a new program that helps advertisers understand how their ads support their sales at other retailers – and through panel surveys, helps them improve their products and grow their businesses. It also provides immediate rewards to participants who choose to join the panel, and will benefit all of our customers in the form of better shopping, product, and advertising experiences.
We're looking for entrepreneurial and innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. As the Sr. Product Manager – Technical, you will have single-threaded ownership for new products within the Amazon Shopper Panel suite, driving product strategy and delivery, metrics and data, marketing, and both customer and advertiser experiences. You will be expected to think big and establish a vision and key priorities for the program, make appropriate trade-offs to optimize time-to-market, and clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams. You will be expected to build products that can scale with Amazon’s growing advertising business.
Core skill areas for this role include requirements gathering, feature prioritization, financial planning, product launch and marketing, data collection, and analytics. The right candidate will possess a strong product and program management background with experience leading medium to large products and must excel at written and verbal communications. A background in digital advertising or measurement, as well as a well-rounded understanding of current web and mobile technologies will be significant plus-points. You will be expected to have strong opinions about design and user experience, have the analytic background necessary to track adoption and performance, lead a program at scale, and influence other senior leaders across the company in future direction-setting. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities.
· Developing product vision and strategy by working backwards from the customer to define and drive overall product strategies and roadmaps, and then communicating this vision to senior leadership for buy-in.
· Defining customer, advertiser, and publisher experiences for self-service products and features.
· Developing product requirements and partnering with engineering, marketing, design, and sales to deliver them.
· Defining the success metrics for features or services and tracking performance. Utilizing metrics to deep-dive issues and uncover business-driving trends and patterns.
· Defining and executing project plans, assembling resources, and developing processes associated with product rollouts and ongoing support.
· Managing products through initial launch and follow-on releases, identifying dependencies, and clearing blockers.
· Writing business cases and producing financial models for key strategic projects.
· Reporting on our progress in weekly and monthly business reviews.
· Owning all aspects of the annual planning process for the product.
· Master's degree in Business, Computer Science, or related field
· Experience with technical aspects of digital advertising
· Experience with advertising, surveying, or other statistical measurement
· Experience launching products in international locales
· Proficiency conducting data analysis using SQL
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 1+ years of experience with end to end product delivery
· Experience owning roadmap strategy and definition
· Experience owning feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
· Experience with product cycles of 6+ months
· 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
· Bachelor's Degree