Open to candidates in Seattle WA, Austin TX, Arlington VA as well*
Want to help build Earth’s leading e-commerce finance team? At Amazon, it’s our goal to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
To support our continued growth, we are looking for the most exceptional finance professionals to join our Consumables Finance team. The Consumables business is a fast growing and complex business within Amazon's four Core Retail businesses (Hardlines, Consumables, Softlines, and Media).
We are looking for a Senior Financial Analyst with proven skills to lead our Household Consumables and Baby Care business, a business focused on accelerating innovation and growth for our Everyday Essentials categories including Paper Towels, Cleaners, and Diapers. Besides being responsible for the table-stakes (Controllership, Process Improvement, Performance Management), the Finance leader will be working closely with senior business leadership in identifying, creating, and driving innovative solutions and programs for growing topline, driving business efficiencies and using technology to improve the customer experience, anticipating and responding to industry trends, and partnering closely with other business leaders across Amazon to drive a better outcome for our Customers, Selling Partners, business, and team.
The role provides a great opportunity for the Finance leader to scale their projects and have global consumer wide impact. The Senior Financial Analyst will act as a "Business Unit CFO" to the leadership team. The ideal candidate will have a broad skill set, with demonstrated career progression and a proven track record of delivering results. If you have bias for action, can think big but also dive deep, we want to hear from you!
The role will work closely with cross-org partners, technology teams, inventory management specialists, FP&A, marketing, corporate development and accounting. This position will utilize proprietary Amazon systems and tools coupled with SQL and Cognos.
This highly visible role requires a candidate with the proven leadership skills, the ability to influence senior stakeholders and steer business conversations to achieve great outcome for Amazon as well as its customers. They should demonstrate high standards and must exercise considerable judgement, drive strategy and tactical execution, utilize written/verbal communication at a senior executive level.
· Perform financial reporting, ad-hoc project analyses, and financial modeling using a broad range of tools including Excel
· Drive the core financial processes for the category including Annual Operating Plan, long range Strategic Plan and Monthly/Quarterly Business Reviews
· Complete complex business modeling and analysis to drive revenue growth, identify operating improvements, deep dive on cost structures and analyze business opportunities/investments (ROI/NPV)
· Influence business decisions with effective verbal and written communication, data driven analysis and modeling, and presentation of options and alternatives
· Facilitate financial review meetings with business groups and work with business managers to ensure effective finance and cost management
· Perform root cause analysis and uncover core issues using data to improve and create new measures for financial performance
· Recommend, develop, and implement policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its profitability
· Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key data is timely and accurate
· MBA, CPA or CFA preferred
· Demonstrated financial acumen and/or experience in the areas of forecasting, budgeting, variance analysis, and data interpretation
· Advanced Excel knowledge
· Measured experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
· Highly detail oriented with proven strong business sense
· Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workloads and achieve effective results in a fast-paced and, dynamic environment
· Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools and providing recommendations based on results of ad hoc analyses to management for strategic decision-making
· Experience building models for business forecasting, variance analysis, and problem solving
· Effective communication skills, both verbal and written
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
· 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
· BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
· 3+ years of direct management experience