The Amazon Devices team designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics, including the best-selling Kindle family of products. We have also produced groundbreaking devices like Amazon Echo, Fire tablets, Amazon Fire TV, Echo Show, Echo Spot, and more. What will you help us create?
Amazon Devices is looking for expert Application Security Engineer to ensure that our applications are designed and implemented to the highest standards thus maintaining and enhancing customer trust. If you enjoy analyzing system services, operating systems, networks and applications from a security perspective, and you are skilled at discovering security issues that appear under new threat scenarios, this position will provide you with a challenging opportunity.
Note: While the majority of our Security/Privacy roles are based in the Bay Area, CA and Seattle, WA areas, by applying to this position your application will be considered for all locations we hire for in the United States, including but not limited to: Seattle, WA; Bellevue, WA; Sunnyvale, CA, Austin TX.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· Experience with service-oriented architecture and web services security
· Experience with the application of threat modeling or other risk identification techniques
· Development experience in C, C++ and/or Java
· Experience with scripting (e.g. python, ruby, bash)
· Detailed knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques, including penetration testing and the development of exploits
· Experience and involvement with development team(s) that delivered commercial software or software-based services (development, QA testing, or security role)
· 1+ years of experience with security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
· Knowledge of network and web related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, HTTP, HTTPS, routing protocols)
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent leadership skills and teamwork skills
· Results oriented, high energy, self-motivated
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
· 1+ years of application security experience