Full-Time Seasonal Customer Service Associate Kennewick, Washington
While Amazon is a global company, this role will be positioned at our Kennewick, WA site located at 7011 W Canal Drive, Suite G, Kennewick, WA 99336 . Due to current COVID restrictions, you will work virtually until 1 July 2021 or as otherwise notified by your manager. Once you are notified of your return to site date you will be expected to work on site from that date forward. Should business needs require you to work on-site ahead of this date, please note our Kennewick, WA site remains open with physical distancing, cleaning and sanitization, and other safety measures in place including wearing of masks and temperature checks.
In order to be considered for this position, your ZIP code must be within 50 miles of the address listed above.
What is Amazon Customer Service All About?
Our mission is to be Earth’s most customer-centric company. To achieve this goal, Amazon Customer Service is seeking candidates who exemplify Customer Obsession and enjoy problem solving on behalf of others. Our Amazon Leadership Principles ( https://www.amazon.jobs/en/principles ) are not just words on a screen – they are a driving force in the decisions we make every day.
· Help a variety of Amazon customers by phone, e-mail and/or chat
· Use tools and programs to navigate the website, research accounts, review options and solutions for customers, and communicate them effectively
· Support customers through typing, phone, and computer skills by navigating the internet and website, multiple browsers, e-mail, social media, and instant messenger, or chat tools
· Complete mandatory training (this schedule will be different from your work schedule upon hiring)
· Actively problem solve and innovate on behalf of customers
· Follow detailed verbal and written instructions
· Opportunity to learn other areas of the business and support specialty departments as needed
What Does Amazon Need From Me?
· This position is a seasonal role where employees remain with Amazon in a temporary capacity dependent on customer needs. There may also be opportunities for regular long-term employment.
· This position is 40 hours per week, but may at times require overtime based on customer needs, large scale events, or peak seasons of business.
· Associates may work up to, but no more than, 60 hours in a week.
· OurKennewickcustomer service site is open from 6:00 AM to 10:00 PM . Your work schedule could potentially fall anywhere in between these hours and may often require one or both weekend days.
· Amazon provides a four-week, paid, mandatory training and resources for new associates, prior to transitioning into your work schedule.
· Associates are measured on several areas including, but not limited to, schedule adherence, contact quality, efficiency, and process compliance.
· Learn a variety of skills within the Customer Service organization to support the customer and move to the area of business that needs you the most.
· Candidates willing to be flexible in their work schedule based on customer need. Flexibility is expected and required of all associates.
· Except as otherwise required by law, this role pays $15.00 per hourbase pay with potential to earn differentials based on your specific schedule
· Overtime pay at 1.5x base rate
· Employee Discount
· Employee Assistance Program
· A supportive team of leaders and peers
· Gain customer service experience and build your resume
When Should I Apply?
Think you’ve got what it takes to be the next member of our team? Learn more about the requirements below and apply today! The sooner you apply, the earlier your application can be reviewed and considered.
You must NOT be a current Amazon employee. If you are an internal applicant, please reach out to your local HR representative to discuss transfer eligibility.
· Support a full-time working schedule of 40 hours up to 60 hours based on customer needs that may change during the course of your seasonal assignment.
· Possess a High School Diploma or equivalent.
· Support customers through typing, phone, and computer skills by navigating the internet and website, multiple browsers, email, social media, and instant messenger or chat tools.
· Follow detailed verbal and written instructions.
· Empathize with customers and prioritize their needs. Preferred Requirements:
· Previous customer service experience
· Previous call center experience
· Logical problem-solving skills
· Experience in a fast paced environment
· Experience in prioritizing tasks and time to ensure efficiency.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .