Amazon’s Middle Mile Planning & Optimization team is looking for an exceptional Software Development Manager to build and lead a team of talented Software Engineers driving innovation with forecasting, data science, and stochastic optimization products that ensure we deliver on customer promises and minimize overall operational cost while supporting Amazon’s rapid growth. We use cutting edge technologies in Big Data and Machine Learning to optimize the flow of packages within the network to efficiently match network capacity with shipment demand. We build scalable systems that react to live signals in real time by using innovative forecasting and optimization algorithms. Our services already handle thousands of requests per second, make business decisions impacting billions of dollars a year, and improve the delivery experience for millions of online shoppers. That said, this remains a fast-growing business and our journey has just started. Our mission is to build the most efficient and optimal transportation solution on the planet, using our technology and engineering muscle as our biggest advantage.
As a Software Development Manager, you will solve complex problems with innovative solutions and be responsible for project delivery end to end. Responsibilities include defining the right product requirements by working with internal and external customers, writing technical specifications, driving project schedules from design to release, and ensuring a successful product launch. The right candidate will possess a strong technical leadership background and will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects. You must be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience
· 5 + years of software development experience
· 3 + years in building and leading software engineering teams
· Software development background with strong fundamentals in algorithms and data structures
· Hands-on technical expertise in building web services and highly scalable applications
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills