We are creating a new team to start a confidential project with high visibility and strategic importance to Amazon. We are seeking self-motivated, innovative and result-oriented Software Development Engineers to build and own software systems and products for this new initiative. In this project, we will tackle some of the cutting-edge problems of software architecture design in the eCommerce fulfillment and supply chain domain. You will be one of founding members of this team that will enable millions of stores to deliver omni-channel experience to our customers, and also build tools that will empower these sellers to be successful in their offline businesses.
This role requires deep technical expertise, excellent leadership principles and ability to hit the ground running. You will be responsible for solving algorithmically complex problems, front end and backend services that can scale to millions of requests and deployed globally delivering an exceptional customer experience. As innovators we embrace new technology, you will be empowered to choose the right highly scalable and available technology to solve complex problems.
If you are a self-starter, someone that approaches complex business questions with data and curiosity, and enjoys designing and building highly distributed systems that can scale, come join us!
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline.
· Previous experience in designing low latency services.
· Experience in e-commerce and deep hands-on technical expertise
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience;
· Excellent object-oriented design and coding skills (Java, C++ on a UNIX or Linux platform)
· Very strong software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
· Solid Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Software development experience in JSP, Spring, AWS, S3, SQS, building web services and highly scalable applications
· Knowledge of Perl or other scripting languages a plus
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills