Have you ever noticed the “See more buying choices” or “New & Used offers” while you’re shopping on Amazon? Maybe you’ve sold an old textbook or extra movie yourself. Selling on Amazon is one of the fastest growing businesses at Amazon.com. The Amazon Marketplace team drives this multi-billion dollar business and develops solutions that enable millions of sellers around the world to sell on Amazon's Marketplaces.
We are looking for senior engineers with a strong sense of ownership and a passion for delivering creative solutions for complex problems on an unprecedented scale. As part of the team, you will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers as we take on significant challenges that can reshape the ecommerce industry.
Successful candidates must also be innovative, flexible, self-directed, and able to design and write high-performance, reliable, maintainable code. The ability to function at a very high level in a fast paced environment along with a team of very talented engineers is essential. If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment to deliver world class mission critical systems, this may be the career opportunity for you!
Participate in the design, development, implementation, testing and documentation of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using [Java, Object Oriented Design and Distributed Programming]. Translate functional requirements into robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well within the overall system architecture. Participate in the full development cycle, end-to-end, from design, implementation, and testing to documentation, delivery and maintenance. Produce comprehensive, usable software documentation. Evaluate and make decisions around the use of new or existing software products and tools. Mentor junior development engineers.
If you enjoy working in a dynamic environment to deliver world class mission critical systems, this may be the career opportunity for you!
· Experience building Android applications for phones or tablets
· Expert Java coder
· Expert knowledge of data structures, algorithms
· Working knowledge of design patterns, object oriented design and distributed system architecture
· Working knowledge of REST and RPC service patterns and other client/server interaction models
· Relentless customer focus
· Excellent analytical skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication
By submitting your here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Mobile development experience (native or otherwise)