As an intern, you will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will have the opportunity to impact the evolution of Amazon technology as well as lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your design, code, and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, automation, optimization, scalability, and security – just to name a few.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in fun activities with other interns throughout your internship.
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. Come build the future with us!
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
· Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative devices and services
· Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry
· Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to cutting edge technologies at incredible scale and speed
· Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage and use
· Strong understanding of object-oriented design, data structures, and algorithms
· Proficient in one or more object-orientated programming languages (Java, C, C++, etc.)
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined challenges through strong problem-solving skills and effective communication
· Currently enrolled in Final year of Bachelors/ Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields
· Should be graduating immediately or within one semester after internship.
· Experience in one of the following languages: Java, C++, C, Python