Seller & Fulfillment Tech team located in Bangalore is looking for an SDE to deliver strategic goals for Amazon e-commerce systems. This is an opportunity to join our mission to build tech solutions that empower sellers to delight the next billion customers. You will be responsible for building new system capabilities from ground up for strategic business initiatives. If you feel excited by the challenge of setting the course for large company wide initiatives, building and launching customer facing products in international locales, this may be the next big career move for you. We are building systems which can scale across multiple marketplaces and are on the cutting edge in an automated large scale e-commerce business. We are looking for an SDE to design and build our tech stack as a coherent architecture and deliver capabilities across marketplaces.
· Work closely with senior and principal engineers to architect and develop the best technical design.
· Develop in multiple layers of the techstack including distributed workflows hosted in native AWS architecture.
· Manage operational rigor for a rapidly growing tech stack.
· Contribute to patents, tech talks and innovation drives.
· Assist in the continual hiring and development of technical talent.
· Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
· Software development experience in building highly scalable applications
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Experience in e-commerce and deep hands-on technical expertise
· Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
· Experience working with service-oriented architectures and web based solutions.
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent combination of technical education and work experience.
· Strong, object-oriented design and coding skills (C/C++ and/or Java preferably on a UNIX or Linux platform)
· Solid software development background including design patterns, data structures, test driven development
· Knowledge of python or any scripting languages a plus
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills