Amazon is seeking an experienced candidate interested in disrupting the way products are bought, sold, and distributed on a global scale. The right candidate will have hands-on involvement in building new tools, services, and distribution structures across Amazon’s growing footprint. The products and capabilities enabled by this role will deliver unprecedented selection and prices across Amazon’s 100MM+ customers, while innovating beyond established supply chain norms. The right candidate will thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment with interactions across a wide variety of e-commerce topics, and will demonstrate competence in multiple fields and skill sets.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran
· MS in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
· Experience communicating directly with stakeholders, technical teams, and leadership.
· Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Exposure to Machine Learning/deep learning projects
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
Software Development Engineers will be responsible for design, development, delivery and support of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications and tools.
· Candidates must have a Bachelor in Computer Science Engineering or related field.
· Excellent problem solving skills.
· Possess an extremely sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Object Oriented Design, Databases.
· Be able to write Amazon quality code in an object oriented language - preferably in Java in a Linux environment.
· Candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
· Deep knowledge of distributed systems, asynchronous architectures.