Do you want to build the next generation of advanced analytics for monitoring and observability? Help shape the future of how millions of AWS customers monitor and operate their applications. Amazon CloudWatch Logs is one of the largest logs management and analytics services ingesting hundreds of peta-bytes of logs every month. CloudWatch Logs Insights lets customers derive actionable insights from this log data.
CloudWatch Logs Insights enables customers to explore, study, and visualize their logs so they can troubleshoot operational problems quickly and easily. It scales with log volume and query complexity giving answers in seconds. In addition, customers can publish log-based metrics, create alarms, and correlate logs and metrics together in CloudWatch Dashboards for complete operational visibility. We are building new monitoring and observability services and are shaping the future for the next generation of Logs Insights and advanced analytics that help customers reduce their mean-time-to-resolution.
Energizing and Interesting Technical Problems
We are looking for a software development engineer who thrives on creative problem solving and enjoys the opportunity to build and operate mission critical, multi-tenant services at massive scale. An ideal candidate dives into problems to invent simple and elegant solutions. You care deeply about customer experience and focus on building performant that offer easy-to-use interfaces to customers. You are constantly looking for ways to make the service you own better. You have great communication skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment with diverse team members.
Mentorship & Career Growth
We’re committed to the growth and of every member of CloudWatch Logs Insights. CloudWatch Log Insights is a growth environment - we’re hiring and scaling rapidly to meet the needs of our customers. You’ll have the opportunity to grow your scope of influence naturally as we scale.
Inclusive Team Culture
Our team is intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds. Yes, we do get to build a really cool service, but we also think a big reason for that is the inclusive and welcoming culture we try to cultivate every day. We’re looking for a new teammate who is enthusiastic, empathetic, curious, motivated, reliable, and able to work effectively with a diverse team of peers; someone who will help us amplify the positive & inclusive team culture we’ve been building.
· Experience running and maintaining a large scale, distributed, 24x7 service-oriented production environment, preferably across multiple data centers.
· Adept at specifying, designing, and/or implementing system health, performance monitoring tools, and software management tools.
· Familiar with the challenges surrounding efficient operations and failure mode analysis in large complex distributed systems.
· Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects.
· Passion for providing a great customer experience
· Experience with open source software development
· Experience with Agile engineering practices (continuous integration, continuous release, etc.)
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· 2+ years of relevant, broad engineering experience
· Technical expertise in large scale Unix engineering or building monitoring and/or management tools for large-scale environments.
· Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
· Excellent written and verbal communication and collaborative problem-solving skills.
· Comfortable working across multiple teams and organizations
· Proven sense of ownership and passion.