The Amazon Prime Video team is looking for a smart, motivated, and results-oriented software development engineer to join the team. We are a high-energy and innovative group changing the way customers watch TV and movies.
We are looking for candidates who are passionate about delivering world-class digital media experiences to our customers. Successful candidates for this position will be self-starters with strong problem solving skills who love getting things done. Strong communication skills and a desire to tackle complex problems that emerge from driving a large business at Amazon are also a must.
As a norm, Amazon SDE’s have industry-leading technical abilities. They recognize and adopt best practices in software engineering: design, testing, version control, documentation, build, deployment, and operations. They write high quality, maintainable, and robust code, often in Java or C++. They solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context. They build flexible systems without over-engineering and choose simple, straightforward solutions over more complex ones. They understand a broad range of data structures and algorithms and know how, when and when not to use them; recognize and use design patterns to solve business problems. They understand how operating systems work, perform and scale.
· Experience with distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, and relational databases
· Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience with distributed computing and enterprise-wide systems
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
· Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
· 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Master's degree in Computer Science (or relevant equivalent) - 3+yrs Proficiency in Java or C++ or Python in a Linux or Unix environment - Familiarity with Ruby, Perl and SQL
Good experience in System Design(High Level and Low Level)
Strong in Data structures and Algorithms
Should be from Product Domain