Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, and low-cost cloud platform that powers thousands of businesses in over 190 countries. AWS’ Infrastructure Supply Chain & Procurement (ISCaP) organization works to deliver cutting-edge solutions to source, build and maintain our socially responsible data center supply chains. We are a team of highly-motivated, engaged, and responsive professionals who enable the core sustainable infrastructure of AWS. Come join our team and be a part of history as we deliver results for the largest cloud services company on Earth!
The AWS Supply Chain Risk Management (SCRM) team is looking for a passionate, insightful, and results-oriented Business Intelligence Engineer to join our team. In this role you will help guide our overall strategy and technical approach to supply chain risk management. As part of the Global SCRM team, you will work with professionals around the world to define and influence technical requirements, and build internal models and mechanisms to assess and mitigate supply chain risks around the world. You will have the opportunity to work in a supportive, collaboration-filled environment to build and secure the future of cloud computing.
In this role you will be responsible for working with multiple vendors and teams to gather business critical data. In addition, you will work with cross-functional teams to create analytical models related to inventory tracking, variance analysis, and optimization to increase accuracy and reduce risk. This person will also work with technical teams to define the business process and software requirements for scalable solutions that have well defined metrics and dashboards.
Keys to success in this role include excellent analytical and data modelling abilities as well as outstanding business acumen and comfort with technical teams, data, and systems. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and will enjoy working with large scale data.
· Design, develop and maintain scaled, automated, user-friendly systems, reports, dashboards, etc. that will support the needs of the business.
· Apply deep analytic and business intelligence skills to extract meaningful insights and learning from large and complicated data sets.
· Identify and recommend opportunities to automate systems and tools
· Be hands-on with ETL to build data pipeline to support automated reporting.
· Interface with Data Engineers and business busers to deliver complete BI solutions.
· Build various data visualizations to tell the story of business trends, patterns, and outliers through rich visualizations.
· Review and audit existing ETL jobs and SQL queries. Recognize and adopt best practices in reporting and analysis: data integrity, test design, analysis, validation, and documentation.
· Develop and implement analytics to continually improve continuity of supply and operational efficiencies
Work location is Seattle, WA or Northern Virginia.
· Knowledge of data warehouse technical architecture, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environment.
· Skilled in an object-oriented language such as Python, PHP, R
· Be self-driven, details-oriented, and show ability to deliver on ambiguous projects with incomplete or dirty data.
· 5+ years of experience in a data engineer or BIE role with a technology company.
· Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related technical field
· Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical team, and senior management as required.
· Ability to think big, understand business strategy, provide consultative business analysis, and leverage technical skills to create insightful, effective BI solutions.
· Experience working with disparate data sources and turning them into a unified solution.
· Experience in Operations, Procurement, Computer Hardware, or Global Supply Chain.
· Familiarity with Amazon's AWS services including Glue, EC2, S3 and Redshift.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
· BA/BS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Finance or a similar quantitative field, or additional 4+ years of experience in lieu of a degree.
· 3+ years of relevant work experience in data science, business analytics, business intelligence (BI), or comparable experience in big data environments.
· 2+ years of experience using, writing and optimizing SQL queries in a business environment
· 2+ years of experience using business intelligence reporting and visualization tools (such as Tableau, PowerBI, MicroStrategy, Looker and QuickSight, Advanced Excel such as v-lookups, pivot tables, etc.)