The Selling Partner Premium Services (SPPS) organization strives to improve the Amazon customer experience by working directly with Selling Partners to enable more selection, reduce defects, and drive growth across their businesses. Our team invents and innovates across technology, processes and people to enhance the services we offer, improve Selling Partner engagement and satisfaction, and build scalable solutions. The Strategic Account Services (SAS) ACES team is responsible for building robust processes, identifying opportunities for improvement, and partnering with dependent teams to improve processes, tools and systems for internal and external customers.
The Manager of Program Management in SAS ACES is responsible for all business/operational objectives of your team. As a Manager of Program Management you will drive team engagement and people development plans. You will lead a team of Program Managers focused on eliminating Amazon engagement defects for Sellers by proactively identifying trends, closing feedback loops with partner teams, and streamlining support through optimal channels. ACES (Amazon Customer Excellence System) is Amazon’s process improvement system that uses tools of Lean, Six Sigma, technology, and analytics to iteratively deliver better customer experience. Success in this role requires leveraging ACES tools and techniques to drive continuous improvement to internal and partner team processes towards Seller growth and satisfaction.
Key responsibilities of the role include (not limited to):
1. Hire and groom a high performing program management team and drive organizational success by establishing, measuring and tracking team and individual goals.
2. Identifying, preventing and/or eliminating defects and unblocking the Sellers business potential.
3. Develop and implement scalable closed loop internal and external engagement mechanisms to enable team strategy.
4. Work across peer teams and stakeholders to drive data driven process improvements to achieve resiliency, efficiency and scale for the issue support function.
5. Responsible to assess team’s performance towards organizational goals and communicate progress and action plans to leadership and stakeholders.
6. Conduct deep dive analysis on issues affecting Seller business performance and provide Seller perspective as an input into product development and process improvement for product teams.
The ideal candidate is:
1. A strong leader focused on developing a successful team by proactively removing bottlenecks, using high judgement to prioritize initiatives, and investing in coaching and career development.
2. A structured problem solver who develops and delivers an execution plan to achieve to achieve program objectives.
3. Customer obsessed in their approach to measure and analyze issues and lead their team to develop scalable solutions
4. A clear communicator who interacts with stakeholders across levels and functions to gather input and feedback
5. Comfortable handling ambiguous and complex seller and vendor problems and escalations.
1. Experience in working with Selling Partners.
2. Graduate/Master’s degree in related field
3. Certified Six Sigma Green or Black Belt is a plus
4. Proficiency with SQL/Tableau is a plus
5. Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) is a plus
· Experience in people management
· 3+ years experience working cross functionally with tech and non-tech teams
· Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
· 3+ years experience in program or project management
1. Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Operations Research, Engineering, Statistics, or Finance.
2. 7+ years supply chain, quality, retail, and/or program management experience.
3. Track record of managing multiple projects simultaneously in an environment that moves quickly.
4. Track record of building and managing operations, or account management or sales teams.
5. Proficiency with Excel