Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud (“cloud computing”). With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and many other services – gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS is the leading platform for designing and developing applications for the cloud and is growing rapidly with hundreds of thousands of companies in over 190 countries on the platform.
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills.
We are seeking a Sales Operations Lead to partner with AWS Americas Partner Training Leaders to define, land and execute against our strategic priorities. This role will drive predictability in reporting and analyzing business trends as well as participating in strategic planning for the business. The ideal candidate has broad technical skills, strong financial acumen and a deep analytic background to assist the Partner Training teams in creating efficiency, assessing performance and reporting & delivering results.
This position will be responsible for managing the rhythm of the business activities such as Monthly Business Reviews, Quarterly Business Reviews, and other cadenced reporting and metrics. The position will assist the regional Partner Training Mgrs in evaluating and forecasting attainment against quotas, utilizing various CRM tools to derive well-vetted analysis, and other ad-hoc requests and analysis as needed. This position will also be responsible for generating commission plans, managing the territory definitions and account movements, and calculating commissions.
This individual will need to collaborate effectively with internal end-users and cross-functional data teams to solve problems, implement new reporting solutions, and deliver successfully against high standards. A successful individual is a person that has a proven work ethic that drives the desired results. This is a hands-on position - the ideal candidate must be willing to “roll up the sleeves”.
This position will work with the several stakeholders supporting the extended Partner Training organization, such as Business Development, Marketing, Operations, and the Partner team. The individual must have the ability to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Define the key sales support systems/processes required to meet the rapid growth of the business and develop mechanisms that enable scale.
· Manage the development of continuously-evolving forecast models and methodologies, owning the quantitative analysis of the performance of our sales team, customers, prospects, partners, markets, and products/services.
· Manage the monthly cadence of business reporting.
· Develop relationships and processes with sales, partner, finance, HR, sales operations, and other stakeholders to identify and address reporting issues.
· Assist Sales Managers in all aspects of evaluating their teams’ performance.
· Ensure accurate and timely sales commission calculations and payments.
· Identify reporting issues, gaps in processes, and drive timely resolution.
· Prepare ad hoc analysis & participate on projects as needed.
This role can be performed near any US AWS office in the following cities: Arlington, Atlanta, Austin, Ballston, Boston, Chicago, Cupertino, Dallas, Denver, Detroit, East Palo Alto, Herndon, Houston, Irvine, Minneapolis, New York City, Pittsburgh, Portland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Washington D.C., Tempe, Sunnyvale, or Santa Monica.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $74,200 - $129,800/yr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
· Ability to conduct sophisticated and creative analysis of complex data and translate the results into actionable deliverables, messages, and presentations
· Deep experience of Microsoft Office Suite required (extensive knowledge of Excel required)
· Excellent cross group collaboration skills.
· Strong financial, analytical and communication skills.
· Experience working within a high-growth, technology organization would be highly beneficial
· Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data-driven analyses, and influencing results
· Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
· Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
· Highly organized, have multi-tasking skills, and efficient in ambiguous
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
· At least 2+ years at a divisional Sales Operations function or similar responsibilities supporting a mid-to-large scale multi-geographical hi-tech Sales Organization
· Experience in multiple organizational functions such as forecasting, organizational development, etc.
· Demonstrated ability to define, refine and implement sales processes, procedures and policies
· Bachelor’s degree is required