World Wide Public Sector (WWPS) Sales Enablement is looking for an experienced Program Manager. The successful candidate will have significant experience creating training and enablement programs. Key responsibilities include development, delivery and efficacy monitoring of AWS Product/Service training and enablement programs aligned to the priority workloads of Public Sector customers. This individual will take ownership of the full lifecycle of vertical workload training and enablement for the WWPS global team.
In this role, you will:
· Manage the design, build and implementation of training/enablement programs working with category, service teams and the WWPS sales/vertical/geo teams to define and drive Mission & Workload based training and enablement programs.
· Run meetings, create and maintain timelines, and keep large, diverse groups informed of progress and obstacles.
· Produce quarterly updates of training/enablement efforts & measurement of those and reporting of results to management.
· Manage multiple competing projects/programs simultaneously.
· Support ad hoc special projects as needed.
· 5-15% travel to include international locations
· Knowledge of Amazon Web Services or Cloud Computing concepts
· Experience working in or with the Public Sector
· Ability to make decisions when all necessary information is not available
· Flexible and understands how to get things done in an unstructured environment
· Able to manage multiple projects with tight deadlines, possess a high level of self-motivation, and have an excellent work ethic
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role
· Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· BS or MS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience in an IT-related field.
· 5+ years’ experience in Sales Enablement, Sales Training, Business Development, Technical Sales or Program Management preferably in the IT industry.
· 3+ years’ experience conducting training needs assessments, developing and delivering training/enablement programs that drive change.
· 5+ years of project/program management experience.