Amazon Robotics designs, manufactures and implements cutting edge technologies within operations centers at the heart of Amazon’s core business. We are seeking exceptional and self-motivated individuals to support the Amazon Robotics system - ensuring optimal safety performance of critical global operations.
In this role, you will diagnose high-impact issues affecting the safety of Amazon’s operations and personnel, utilizing advanced trouble-shooting tools and procedures. Successful candidates will possess a blend of strong safety knowledge, trouble-shooting capabilities and customer-facing skills, along with a passion for cutting edge technology.
Location may be either Westborough, MA or North Reading, MA.
· Leverage Support processes, systems and tools to resolve safety related technical problems
· Track issues through resolution phase, engaging technical subject matter experts and Safety Manager, as needed.
· Manage, prioritize, and respond to cases within defined SLA’s
· Provide technical guidance to Fulfillment Center (FC) Operations, Safety and Maintenance teams to troubleshoot operational challenges.
· Provide prompt, efficient, detailed, customer-oriented service to our internal Amazon Customer
· Create and maintain problem resolution procedures and identify need for new tools to support existing solutions
· Work with Engineering (SW/HW), Global Support (HSE/ARTS) and Amazon EHS teams to understand safety issues and solution options. Provide Safety Manager with the information required for decision-making.
· Compile data to facilitate analysis by the Safety team
· Attend internal AR meetings, including Design Reviews, Solutions layouts, and Risk Assessments, as required by Safety Manager.
· Technical problem-solving and analytical skills
· Excellent written and oral communications skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
· Experience working with escalations requiring rapid response
· Understanding of product safety concepts and techniques
· Proven ability to troubleshoot and identify the root cause of issues
· Proven ability to manage time allocated to specific tasks and escalations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit: https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering a related science based field
· 2+ years’ experience applying safety principles and addressing safety issues in a manufacturing, warehouse or other operations focused environment
· Knowledge and/or working experience with OSHA regulations, EU safety standards and standard industry safe work practices
· Ability to be on-call on a limited basis, including weekends and/or evenings