Amazon is looking for a Health and Safety Coordinator to add to the team:
This position requires an individual that will be responsible for the proactive, day-to-day monitoring of the Amazon Safety program. This individual will assist the safety manager in monitoring safety compliance and provide assistance in the identification of potential safety hazards within the SC environment. The qualified candidate will engage in a professional manner with the entire SC workforce and management team as it relates to safety awareness and education. The candidate will communicate, both written and orally, to assist in correcting violations and promote the program of safety awareness.
· Assist in implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the workplace to ensure compliance with Company Safety policies in order to provide a safe and secure workplace for employees, visitors, vendors, and guests.
· Maintain daily, documentation requirements to report activities, and other related safety prevention matters.
· Perform work task Risk Assessments and develop safety standard work in conjunction with associates.
· Complete ergonomic assessments on job tasks, incorporating findings into applicable Standard Work.
· Provide immediate aid to associates, visitors, vendors, or guests that need assistance, or medical attention as appropriate.
· Take a Deep Dive into safety data, monitor recordable incidents on-site,
· Become a subject matter expert in your specific level of competence, while staying vigilant and not disclosing any sensitive information outside of your particular level,
· Investigate accidents, near misses and any incidents; identify root cause and implement corrective actions
· Update internal records regarding incidents, near misses and accidents,
· Undertake action plans to ensure continuing, sustained compliance with legislation,
· Conduct yourself professionally at all times
· Support Delivery Stations providing H&S training
· Facilitate and attend 5S and Kaizen events.
· You possess a meticulous level of sustained attention-to-detail,
· You have a proven ability to work to targets and deadlines,
· Demonstrable ability to learn quickly, while closely adhering to new processes and procedures,
· Able to work independently, at times under minimum levels of supervision,
· Flexible and adaptable; able to meet the needs of the business head on,
· Great team player: contribute to a positive and healthy team environment,
· Bring plenty of drive, enthusiasm and self-motivation with you each day,
· Lean, 5S and Kaizen qualifications/experience
· Experience with Gensuite as WHS application tool
· Spoken and written fluency in English
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief
· Candidates with degree (or equivalent) qualifications not in Safety disciplines, but who have relevant experience, will also be considered
· Has a demonstrable in-depth understanding of essential/relevant Safety and Environmental local legislation
· Solid computer literacy and skills,
· Good communicator, both verbally and in writing.
· 2+ years previous experience in Safety-related activities
· Proficient in PC supported MS programs Excel, Word and Access
· Candidate must be willing to respond as appropriate to all emergencies and be able to maintain any certifications or licenses required including first aid