Amazon opened its virtual doors in 1995 and strives to be the world’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online.
The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build an excellent last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders are delivered quickly, accurately, and in the most cost effective way as possible.
This role, based out of our Munich/DE corporate offices, is for an experienced, passionate, dynamic, analytical, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed individual. Volume and network planning is a highly visible and critical role in Amazon from driving ownership, earning trust of stakeholders to delivering results.
This position involves regular communication with senior management, project sponsors on status, risks and change control. Stakeholder management, cross-team coordination, executive writing and presentation skills are must.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, enjoying working with large scale of data, a curious builder who thrives in a fast-paced environment. The person has a strong delivery record and leadership experience to own and execute strategic, cross-functional projects, along with an innate ability to drive data driven decisions.
As S&OP Network Optimization Manager you will help Amazon Logistics manage, improve, and optimize the way parcels are shipped from our fulfilment centres and delivered to our customers. This role will oversees the coordination and administration of all aspects of an on-going program including volume and capacity planning, fulfillment network design, operational feasibility evaluation and driving process improvements across various stakeholders from Fulfilment centres, Amazon Middle Mile services, and delivery station operational teams.
Responsibilities: Optimized fulfillment network planning and execution through goal prioritization, feasibility risk and mitigations study, stakeholder management as well as forecast integration
· Support the expansion planning of the Middle European Last Mile Delivery network by analyzing density, capacity utilization and volume targets with focus on the upcoming 12 months
· Maximizing station capacity, volume and order cut offs for all launches, jurisdiction changes and speed related project initiatives with focus on major events like prime week or peak/Xmas
· Build scalable inbound validation process to avoid promise miss, ensure efficient shift utilization, schedule quality optimization and minimized volume loss due to upstream constraints
· Drive customer focused projects and processes across the network targeting later order cut offs and better delivery experience whilst ensuring a stable cost contribution
· Work closely with local staff (HR, Finance, Safety & Loss Prevention Manager, Process Engineering) to create visibility and E2E support for projects and initiatives
· Continuously measures and evaluates the departmental KPIs, goals and define and execute corrective actions
· Build strategic plans within the 1-3 year horizon to fulfill customer demand in a cost efficient way
· Drive last mile forecasting accuracy working with central S&OP planning and local AMZL operational teams
· Drive standardizations of S&OP tools and processes to ensure scalability in a fast growing environment of the AMZL MEU network
· Ideally you will be MBA qualified with experience of Lean and project management
· SQL, datanet
· Advanced or fluent German, written & spoken
· The ideal candidate has an entrepreneurial mindset, with the tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in fast-paced environment is crucial
· Goal driven, target orientated, able to step back and look at the bigger picture (helicopter view), the person will also be able to manage ambiguity with their sleeves rolled up, and possess a preparedness to get involved
· Ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, problem-solve, innovate and simplify, support scope of requirements and prioritize.
· Proven analytical thinking, attention to detail, an ability to influence others, and exceptional organizational skills are musts
· Bachelor Degree in business or logistics related field e.g. BA, SCM, transportation and logistics, industrial engineering
· 3-5years work experience in a related field
· Strong Excel and data analysis skills
· Must have end to end process management experience within a large scale rapid and process driven environment
· Fluent English oral and written communication skills are crucial
· Business judgment with a track record of successfully delivering quantifiable results.