Amazon is seeking an experienced and technology-oriented Robotics Technical Program Manager, Advanced Technology, to drive innovation and develop breakthrough technologies within the EU Team of Advanced Technology. Successful candidates will have strong experience in project/program management of development life-cycle and start-up of new technologies in a software controls development environment. Examples of technologies include robotic cells, autonomous vehicles, sortation machines and automatic packing.
Our ideal candidate is passionate about technology and automating processes where it makes sense, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills, strong task and time management skills and has a successful track record of delivering on cross-functional projects. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work with some of the best engineers in the industry and help found and shape the direction of robotics automation systems within one of the world’s largest fulfillment networks.
· You are interested in being part of a team that works in a highly agile environment.
· Solving ambiguous technical problems at scale excites you.
· You are constantly looking to learn new technologies and are not afraid to work outside your comfort zone to get things done.
· You do not implement specs from analysts and architects – you talk to customers and design solutions to their problems.
· You automate and innovate.
· You do not push just one technology agenda – you choose the best tool for the problem at hand.
· You think outside the box but you are deep in the details - for you, a problem is never as small as it seems but never as complicated either.
· You enjoy working in a flexible, fast-paced, collaborative team environment.
· You understand the needs of Operations organizations and you aim to reduce operational burden and technical debt.
You relish working with other Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
· University Degree, B.S. or Master, in Computer Science or Engineering
· Agile/PRINCES2/PMP certification
· Fluency in English required. A plus is speaking other EU languages
· Knowledge of Industrial Automation and/or Robotics solutions a bonus
· Knowledge of Industrial Internet of Things (MQTT, Pub/Sub) and Industrial Control Protocols (ProfiNet, Ethernet/IP, OPC-UA).
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief.
· 3+years experience managing complex technology projects
· Prior experience with agile methodologies
· Experience with project delivery for large, cross functional complex technical projects
· Experience developing software products and technologies
· Bachelor’s Degree or 4+years equivalent work experience
· Willingness to travel within the EU
· Proficiency with project management and resource planning tools such as MS Project.