Are you excited by Robotics and the latest automation technology? Would you like to be a contributing part of Amazon's exciting growth? Do you like impacting tomorrow - today? Answer yes to any of these and you should be a part of the Amazon Robotics Deployment Engineering Team.
As a Robotics Deployment Safety Manager, you will be responsible for overseeing deployment activities for the World Wide Tech Deployment team. The Tech Deployment (TD) Safety Manager is responsible for ensuring all deployments comply with all Amazon, local and national safety regulations. You will also focus on promoting safety awareness and safe behavior for TD team members and its’ partners.
The Robotics Deployment Safety manager will lead the TD safety team in monitoring safety compliance and provide assistance in the identification of potential safety hazards for its employees and partners within the Amazon workplace. This position will be responsible for the proactive, day-to-day monitoring of the Tech Deployment Safety Program. This role will use an innovative, hands-on and customer obsessed approach about safety to drive strategy to build an engaging safe environment, identify coordinators & drive improvements in safety while engaging operational and other support function stakeholders.
· Partner globally with the Deployment Teams, Operations, Construction and Product Safety Teams to ensure delivery of safety performance and compliance in accordance with local, national and international safety guidelines
· Build strategies to create a safety cultural environment and drive injuries to zero with the construction of incident prevention programs, contributing to improve on site Safety and positively impact accident trends
· Lead in implementing, monitoring and evaluating the workplace to ensure compliance with company safety policies in order to provide a safe and secure workplace for employees and partners
· Define and coordinate safety training of new team members, in partnership with the TD Learning & Development team
· Perform work task Risk Assessments and develop safety standard work in conjunction with deployment teams
· Arrange, facilitate and contribute to TD Safety Steering Committee meetings
· Maintain regular documentation requirements to report activities and other related safety prevention matters
· Investigate, compile and develop investigative reports on any incident/accident that may occur; and ensure action items are adequately completed.
· Conduct Root Cause Analyses in conjunction with Amazon Safety and TD leadership.
· Study trend analysis from accidents/incidents, audit findings and advise management on areas of improvement
· Demonstrated experience in meeting/exceeding deadlines (including compressed schedules), committed to quality standards of design
This role will include up to 30% travel.
· Master’s Degree in Environment, Health & Safety or related discipline
· Six Sigma or other lean management experience
· Working knowledge and experience with: NRTL, CE, CUE, IEC, ISO 13849, IEC 62061, ANSI/RIA 15.06, NFPA 79, UL 508A, IEC 60204
· Familiarity with integrating new systems into new and existing work environments
· Experience reviewing equipment, including conveyance and machinery for proper guarding, interlocks, and safety features
· Experience developing and managing product/process safety, compliance, and/or quality assurance programs for products and services
· 3+ years construction safety management experience
· 5+ years in a dedicated safety role
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to influence and partner with all levels of the organization and outside contacts
· Demonstrate knowledge and experience with US and International health and safety regulations
· Excellent technical and procedure writing skills
· 5+ years of experience working on industrial construction projects with strong understanding of safety standards and requirements.
· Must be familiar with applicable construction safety regulations and guidelines, including OSHA 30, 500 and 510.
· Experience with factory auditing and product testing
· Experience in FMEA (Failure Mode Effects Analysis), RCFA (Root Cause Failure Analysis), HAZIDs/HAZOPs, Quantitative Risk Assessments (QRAs)
· Experience with Process Safety Management (PSM)
· Have or working towards a PE, ASP, CSP or other recognized professional certification
· Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
· Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $98,700 - $160,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
· Bachelor’s degree in an Environment, Health & Safety, related discipline or equivalent experience
· 5+ years of relevant work experience in robotics, product development and regulatory compliance
· Experience with construction safety contractor management program or providing oversight for 3rd party services/contractors