As an Amazon Robotics Solutions Design Engineer, you will be able to work with some of the most talented engineers in the design and development of robotic fulfillment systems around the globe. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing high-performance physical systems, a strong technical problem solving ability, excellent project management skills, and an internal motivation to achieve results in a fast-paced, and often ambiguous environment. Amazon’s culture encourages innovation and expects engineers and managers alike to take a high level of ownership in solving complex problems.
· Invent, design, and implement engineering solutions to complex material flow/transformation and human/machine efficiency problems throughout the global Amazon supply chain.
· Lead and coordinate design and innovation efforts to develop optimal solutions for the fulfillment and transportation network through equipment specification, material flow, process design, site layout, and intellectual property considerations.
· Collaboration with internal teams to generate high quality, cost effective solutions in very short periods of time.
· Simultaneously manage multiple projects and tasks while effectively influencing, negotiating, and communicating with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
· Provide technical leadership for large-scale engineering projects
· Evaluate and create physical processing and material storage solutions using cutting edge technology, robotics and data analytics to meet the product flow requirements based on Amazon design principles.
· Identify and analyze key operational and financial metrics as part of program and feature selection in order to drive smart decisions.
· Coordinate with systems and operations engineering teams to develop product features and optimize the performance of the AR Sort Centers.
· Manage multiple projects and tasks simultaneously and effectively influence, negotiate, and communicate with internal and external business partners, contractors and vendors.
· Develop models as required to solve complex problems.
Masters degree in Engineering (any discipline), Operations, Business Administration, or a related field and at least 3 years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty. · Experience with complex automated material handling equipment, packaging technologies, and systems including robotics and high-speed manufacturing. · Experience with process design based on Lean Principles. · Capital project management skills. · Proficiency using business/technical software like MS Excel, MS Project, and CAD software. · Proficiency with concepts like system architecture, optimization, system dynamics, system analysis, statistical analysis, reliability analysis, and decision making. · Design-in-Safety experience · Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation. Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Bachelors degree in Engineering (any discipline), or a related field or 2+ years Amazon experience. · 5+ years of experience in the job offered or related occupation of Design/Innovation, Research & Development, Manufacturing/Process/Industrial Engineering, or related. · Experience must involve management of engineering design projects. · Ability to travel 10% domestically/internationally to interact with internal and external business and technical leaders.